Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Pet Sounds on Vinyl


By Michael DeMartin

Just received the vinyl copy of Pet Sounds and it's amazing. I've had it on CD since it came out in 1990 but to see it on vinyl (as a two-record set) is a thrill. Big and beautiful with a gatefold with great photos along with album tracks and session information. The LP on the left sides is clear yellow and is the mono version. The LP on the right side is green and is the mono version. And, of course, both LPs have the original Capitol black round label in the middle with the rainbow border. Plus the back has the limited edition number (mine is 00051) and I hope Brian owns #00001! I don't know how readily available this will be in stores - I'm going to find out from Capitol where this can be purchased. I'm gonna have to dust off my old turntable and put it on. Wow - great package!

3 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, this is a great site and I hope it will never be "shut down" or something.
BTW Michael, you mentioned "mono" twice, one of the LPs certainly is "stereo". Just a meaningless thing, but I thought I'd let you know.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ordered the vinyl set from AcousticSounds.com, $24.98 plus shipping. It's also available from Elusive Disc, but their price is $50.

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael,
Your video podcast is great.Looking forward to more on the site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home